The U.S.-Vietnam Trade Council and its educational affiliate of the U.S.-Vietnam
Trade Council Education Forum have an ongoing program of events and technical
assistance programs designed to further relations and understanding between
the US and Vietnam and to assist Vietnam with its goal of global integration.
The Trade Council and Education Forum are dedicated to strengthening the
foundation for a positive long- term relationship between the United States
With contributions from our Member companies and pursuant to grants from
the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID), the U.S. Department
of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (formerly the
U.S. Information Agency), the U.S. Trade
and Development Agency, and other funding, the Trade Council and its
Education Forum conduct technical assistance programs such as fellowships,
study missions, conferences, seminars, curriculum development and exchanges,
and other related events.
The U.S. - Vietnam Trade Council Education Forum currently provides technical
assistance to Vietnam on issues relating to the implementation of the
U.S. - Vietnam Bilateral Trade Agreement (BTA), and on issues raised
by Vietnam's accession to WTO. Our assistance
also covers key issues such as Intellectual
Property Rights, Goods, Services,
- USVTC Vietnam Customs Study Mission to Singapore, October 10-14. Download the Customs
Issues paper presented to
Vietnam General Department of Customs
in English and Vietnamese.
- STAR Vietnam, USAID, and USVTC Enforcement of Judgments Study Mission, San Francisco and Washington DC, September 27 - October 6, 2005. Click here for photos from the trip.
- STAR Vietnam, USAID, and USVTC Administrative Review & Judicial Appeal Study Mission, Denver, Colorado, Washington DC, and New York City, NY, July 27 - August 6, 2005
- STAR Vietnam, USAID and USVTC Enterprise Law & Investment Law Study Mission, Washington DC, Dover & Wilmington, DE and Boston, MA, July 30 - August 6, 2005
- Seminar & Workshop on International Trade Law, Trade Remedies, and Investor State Arbitration conducted by David Gantz - George Washington University Law School for Hanoi Law University and Ho Chi Minh University of Law, August 2004
- USVTC Financial Services and Budget Restructuring Study Mission to Singapore (Part II), March 22-25, 2004
- USVTC IPR Enforcement Study Mission, February 21-March 1, 2004
- USVTC and Georgetown University Law Center WTO Program for Delegation from National Committee for International Economic Cooperation (NCIEC), Washington, DC and New York, NY, March 2004
- Workshop on WTO accession for the Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association by Demetrios Marantis (Chief Legal Advisor). Click here for the presentation in English or Vietnamese Ho Chi Minh City, February 2004
- "The Impact of Tariffs: Econometric and Empirical Analysis in Support of WTO Accession". Hanoi, September 29-30, 2003.
- Vietnams Accession to the WTO: Strategies for Negotiations and the Implementation Process, Seminar sponsored by New York Life International in cooperation with Vietnam Ministry of Trade and USVTC. Hanoi, August 2003
- USVTC Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS) Study Mission, July 19-27, 2003
- USVTC Telecom Study Mission, July 12-19, 2003.
- USVTC Intellectual Property Rights Study Mission, Washington, DC, Mar 25-Apr 2, 2003. Click below for:
- USVTC State Bank of Vietnam Study Mission, February 22 - March 1, 2003
- International Trade Policy and Commercial Law Technical Assistance Program: WTO Tariff & Market Access Delegation. Washington, DC, October 12-20, 2002.